Monday, October 10, 2011

I can't love you this much...

 "I'm coasting, I'm coasting on a dream.
I'm coasting, this one's for you and me."
[Zion I]  

Delayed reaction.
My hearts breaking like the plate
that I want to slam into the wall on the other side of the room.

I fell off as predicted, but how foolish I would have been to hold on.


I shattered dreams. Shattered myself in the process.
Only to put myself back together a new soul.
Betrayed, disobeyed, and relayed renegade,
I saved myself from the bitter downfall.
Still haunting me with whispers of that epic faith.
The boundaries crossed, the vast lengths and strengths.

Yet I did it again.

I let myself fall...fast into the arms of ecstasy
As I gave my hand to a new hero.
A quickly painted family picture and a newly warmed heart.

Not a girl friend, a wife.
A man offering me a real life.


But even faster than I fell for my jailbird,
faster still than I left his side,
my new partner was kissing me good-bye.
 I'm stressed, I'm sick, I don't want to talk to you.

It's not just you, I don't want to see anyone.

Was it a trick, a future too good to be true?
A destiny I cannot stomach as the rollercoaster bounds off course.
But a wreck I must walk away from, a hurdle I must leap...
a journey I must take to retain my pride.

A man too denied to not be a lie

And it still isn't enough to simply run away and hide.


No comments:

Post a Comment