Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Mistress of Magic

When I step out onto my deck at this time of night, I often feel like I'm the only person alive out here. Then I hear the cars on the Valley Road, I see the lights in the surrounding houses, and I know that in reality, I am one of many.

My little dog is at grandma's house tonight, so I am the only one home. I feel like I left a part of me out in Prunedale...technically, I left four parts of me out there. So, tonight, there is no one here to hear me, pick-up my crumbs, or laugh with me. Alone time is good, but I'm just realizing that it's such a rare occurrence.

This is my first post since I regained my freedom. Incarceration is hell...an immoral experiment, if you ask me. I think many would agree, but, surprisingly, many would also disagree. I feel for those that cherish their time behind bars. How can anyone love a place that is so unlike any healthy home.

As I breathe fresh air, savor real food, walk on natural ground, sleep on cushioned surfaces, I am amazed by how many simple things so many people take advantage of in their daily lives. 

I have been granted "the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." God, as I understand HER, has allowed me yet another day on this beautiful Earth. I am so grateful.

"Kind to me when I had nowhere to turn, when I was alone and deserted, 
and even you had abandoned me to my fate. What is love to that?" 
-The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley

No comments:

Post a Comment